The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best way to import data from 2Do iOS app to OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I'm returning to use OmniFocus (OF) for Mac + iOS + iCloud, and I need to import all my current data from the iOS app 2Do.

I've exported a "2DoList.csv" + a 2Do.db files from the app 2Do, but OF don't seem to support direct import from those.

Read here on the forum that you maybe can do a "work-around" and import it first to the OmniOutliner > Export txt file > then Import into OF. But it seems a bit much.

With the OmniPeople being such good programming-ninjas - they should be able to support import to OF of simple standard data formats as .csv or .db...

Any suggestion or tips? Thank's :-)
Kind of urgent since I'm doing the switch right now.

Background:
After a couple of years of using the great iOS 2Do app, I finally give up hope that they will ever come with an desktop companion app for the Mac, which I really need to be effective in my work (there "Toodledo alternative" is not a good enough option to desktop app I think. And I wanna keep my data "in-house"...). Also, OF now have been improved a lot since I last used it and now also have support for my lovely assistant Siri ;-)

Hi _Mac!

Sorry for not responding sooner. We're based in Seattle, so we aren't on the forums at 3 AM.

It's true, OmniFocus doesn't have a direct CSV import yet. It's on the queue of things we'd like to improve (along with a lot of other things!).

Going through OmniOutliner is a couple extra steps, but there's a free 2 week trial if you download it from our site: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/om...iner/download/
(That should be plenty of time to get your data imported.)