The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customizable categories? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Any hope of being able to customize the categories on the top-level intro page of OF for iPhone? I find that "Due Soon" and "Overdue" aren't terribly useful categories for me; even "Flagged" isn't all that helpful. (Indeed, the vagueness of "Flagged" seems very un-GTD -- sounds a lot like "Stuff." For shame!:)) Most of all I'd like a category for "Next Actions" and/or "Today," so I can quickly scan/plan the day ahead. I'm sure we all have our own preferences ... Couldn't the iPhone OF settings offer users just a little more flexibility/control over which top-level categories appear, what they're named, and what goes in them?

Yeah, we're trying to figure out how best to do that without adding too much chaos to the interface.

My ideal solution would be to synchronise my perspectives from the desktop to the mobile client, and go give each perspective an additional setting 'Add to Mobile Client Homepage'. These perspectives, when set, can replace the default 'Due Soon, Overdue and Flagged' items.

I realise this is not a solution for mobile client-only users, but it'd be great for the rest of us ;-)

Cheers,

Bart