The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Firewall Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Syncing between iPod Touch & Mac worked as soon as I turned off the firewall - but obviously, I don't really want to have the firewall turned off. Is there any port I could open for OF, or any settings I should change to keep Firewall turned on without impeding synchronisation?

If you're talking about the Firewall in Mac OS X, you should be able to "set access for specific services and applications" and add OmniFocus (though I haven't tried it).
If you're talking about a different firewall, like on a router, where you have to specify specific ports, you'll need to send us a feature request. Right now OmniFocus can grab a different available port each time.

Thanks for the reply - but it seems that you are referring to Leopard, as I cannot find this possibility in Tiger (10.4.11).
Under Tiger, I will need some specific settings I think. (Leopard is the first OSX I haven't bought - there seemed little point to me.)