The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2 users, 2 iPhones, is it possible? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am completely new to OmniFocus. I downloaded the App for my iPhone, and my husband and I would love to use the desktop version as well. This is the setup we have:

-2 iPhones
-His Macbook, my Macbook, our home Mac where we sync our iPhones
-family MobileMe account

We would like to each have our own database of OF which we will primarily run on our individual Macbooks. We would both like to access it on our home Mac as well, which is where we sync our phones.

Is this possible? If so, how do we accomplish it on our home Mac?

This is all possible. Since OmniFocus can't sync through the iPhone cable, it doesn't matter for this which computer your iPhone syncs to iTunes on.

Here's how I would recommend doing it:

0) Download OmniFocus 1.1 on each laptop and the desktop. There's a trial period before you need to pay for a license.
1) Create a new folder on MobileMe for each of you. I'll call them 'his' and 'hers' for simplicity.
2) Set up your iPhone and your Macbook to sync to 'hers'. Get that basic situation working before adding any more complications.
3) If you haven't already, set up separate user accounts on your home Mac and enable fast user-switching.
4) Get your user account on the Mac syncing to 'hers'.
5) Set up OmniFocus on your husband's Macbook, iPhone (if he wants), and on his account on the home Mac to sync to 'his' folder on MobileMe.
6) If you're happy with everything after a week or so, buy a Family Pack license for OmniFocus (5 seats for the price of 1 1/2!) and register it on the desktop and each laptop.
7) If you run into problems, our support ninjas are just an email away at omnifocus@omnigroup.com or omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com

Thanks for the quick reply. It's all working now! Thanks again. :)

NB: Fast-user switching is not technically required. I only mentioned that in case you're reluctant to have separate accounts on the desktop. It makes it less painful to, well, switch users fast.