The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

More text goodness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Following on from the requests for context-click-searching from text, and the many many suggestions of find-as-you-type (both of which I heartily condone), I would like something similar.

Specifically, I would like the ability to highlight a plain text url and by context-clicking be given the option of going to that web address. This is a surprising useful feature that opera has.

Of course, of the three suggestions mentioned here, it would be my lowest priority one, but the more the merrier, I say!

It isn't in the Context menu but there is an option for this in the File menu "Open Selected URL". It has a keyboard shortcut of ⇧⌘U.

There is also a service option for "Open URL in OmniWeb" that lets you do this in any application (And it gets a keyboard shortcut of ⌘U but is frequently taken by other services particularly if you have other browsers installed).