The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stop the exploded view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes while working on a complex layout every object will rearrange itself into a single long line.

How can I prevent this?

You can disable automatic layout in the Diagram Layout Inspector -- Keep in mind that some templates (those in Brainstorming and Org Charts) have this setting on by default, other templates (those in Drawing and Space Planning) do not.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Joel!

So what makes it do it seemingly by itself while I am working on the file? Is there an interaction between moved objects that could do it or am I accidentally hitting some key combination that triggers the layout change?

It should only occur when a connection is made between two shapes using a line or connecting object. If that's not the case, I'd encourage you to send feedback to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com so we can help out further.

OK I'm gettin it :)

So just to confirm if making a line and it connects to an object then as long as I have automatic layout unchecked then my objects will stay where they are and wont get all moved into a single line?

That is correct.

Thank Joel!

Have a great weekend :)