The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to start a task 2 days after the previous one has been completed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'd like to assign deadlines to a sequence of tasks.

But I need to keep some flexibility therefore I'd like to assign a deadline only for the first task in the sequence. When task #1 is completed I'd like task #2 to automatically get a deadline assigned ending 48 hours later.

I can't find a solution to do it, is it a limitation from the software or my google searching skills? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sadly, this is not supported by the current software, except for the special case of repeating tasks. It has numerous real-life applications, of course. Send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com or use Help->Send Feedback to make a feature request that will be counted (forum posts aren't tracked). Maybe some day we'll actually see it implemented...

I work around this lack by putting a flagged action immediately after the first action which alerts me to put a correct due date (and/or start date, as the case may be) on the following action. This only works because I look at flagged actions frequently.

thanks for your support.

Email sent.
I'll have to do this process manually then... I've just added this routine to my weekly maintenance tasks...