The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Canvas size; logos; favicons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to create a logo that can be used for letterhead, the web, etc. Any recommendations for a canvas size for the master image? Once the logo is created, how would I go about creating a favicon from it? In wikipedia, there is a lot about sizes and file types, but in general, how do I reduce (or export) the size of an image to something much smaller, and a specific size like 16x16 pixels? My logo is made up of OG lines and a circle. If I group the objects and then reduce the size in OG (by shift-dragging a corner), the lines stay the same thickness.

I have Pro 5 (and Pro 6 which I'll be able to use shortly after I get my 10.8 system up and running). thanks

Some progress: I found the Scale box in Export. Through trial an error, I was able to get the exported size to 16x16 pixels. At the default 72dpi, the output is awful (staircased); I tried 360dpi, and there is improvement there, but I don't know what is appropriate for favicons.

I neglected to mention the Word Press site (where this icon is going) says it should be a .ico format; lists some sites to convert to this format.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon

I ended up just scaling at export to .png, and when looking at the favicon in a browser, it seems somewhat comparable in quality to others from big sites, so I think I'm good to go.