The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Home' screen not displaying Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the 'home' screen on the iPhone app. My data is synced with my Mac perfectly, but the Home screen is blank (it should be displaying a list of Inbox, Projects, Contexts etc.) I've tried deleting the app from my phone and re-installing, but as soon as I re-sync, the problem recurs.

any suggestions gratefully received.

Best,

Lee

So it doesn't say Inbox, Projects, Contexts, Due Soon, Overdue, Flagged, Search down the left side of the screen? I'd say give Omni a phone call at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152 and get one of the support ninjas to help you.

Maybe the divider between the sidebar and the outline view got double-clicked accidentally, closing the sidebar pane?

If so, the left edge of the OmniFocus window should be a grababble/dragabble bar - you can use that to drag the sidebar open again.

Brian, if you turn out to be right about this, despite it being posted in the iPhone forum, mentioning the layout of the iPhone screen and deleting the app from the iPhone, I'm going to be very impressed! I'll admit my first reaction upon seeing your message was to re-read the original post very carefully to see how I had fallen into the trap of thinking I was in a different forum :)

Sigh... I'm going to treat this as an object lesson on why one should not browse his employer's forums after midnight. :-)

Back on track, I believe there were a few problems along these lines when folks were running the pre-release development releases of iPhone OS 3.0. Seems like a longshot but it pays to be thorough - can you let us know what version of the OS and of OmniFocus you have installed?

Last edited by Brian; 2009-07-23 at 08:18 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sigh... I'm going to treat this as an object lesson on why one should not browse his employer's forums after midnight. :-)
I was rather hoping for some brilliant Holmesian insight!

Holmes and Watson go camping. They set up the tent, crawl inside and quickly fall asleep. A few hours later, Holmes wakes his trusty companion and says "Look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson says "I see millions of stars."

Holmes says "And what does that tell you?"

Watson prattles on about how this illustrates the true insignificance of the individual, that Saturn is in Leo, and that it should be a beautiful day the next day. Then he asks the great detective what it tells him, and Holmes responds:

"Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent!"