The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BusyCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Have folks seen the new BusyCal demos? I haven't tried it or tried synching it with OF, but if it works I am guessing that there are some tasks-on-calendar folks who are going to be very happy.

I've been using it for about a week, and it has its pros and cons. The biggest design limitation I see thus far is that it is not possible to drag a task into the calendar to create an event, as is possible with iCal. I don't sync any tasks from OF to iCal, or BusySync, but occasionally I do like to use the 'Add to iCal' script (in the Extras forum) to copy over tasks that I want to convert to an event, but I can't do this in BusyCal. Also, scripting is a no-show in version 1.0, but it has been promised in a later release, so even the above mentioned script must still call iCal.

With the present version of BusyCal it runs almost flawlessly.

Since OmniFocus syncs with Sync Services it syncs with BusyCal as well as iCal - it just works better in BusyCal because this application has a slightly better support of tasks.

But of course you should not sync between OmniFocus and SyncServices on more than one Mac as the tasks are also synced through MobileMe. Circular references give duplicates ...

BTW, it had been nice if Sync Services and BusyCal had supported tasks better than they do. Not even Start Dates are part of Sync Services.