The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Alarms (not the same old question again, I think) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a good idea how alarms work in OF, but have a specific question that I can't find the answer to:

I have Growl installed, but have turned OF due alarms off as I don't want alarms on most tasks. However, I do have one repeating task that is so important that I need hitting over the head each month to make sure I don't forget it.

The task is synced to iCal, so I could set an alarm there, but I think that'll be lost when the task is completed this month and re-created next?

So the question is, how do I get an alarm on one task only, especially when it's a repeating task, without having to edit it in iCal manually each month, which rather defeats the object?

I also have OF for iPhone, but that also only lets me set alarms for all or no tasks, not individual ones.

Cheers,

Mark

Why not just set up a repeating alarm in iCal completely independent of OmniFocus?