The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple same project files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there

I have just been starting to use omnifocus and I have been updating some project files - for some reason I now have 6 of the same project file with a clock image superimposed over it - can't get attachment to load otherwise you would have a pic. How do I get omnifocus to recognise it is one and the same project file and to take all the latest changes and combine into one file?

thank you for your help and why is there not a glossary of symbols to reference in help?

Try again with the posting of the picture -- sometimes the forum software doesn't cooperate with that. Better yet, use Help->Send Feedback inside the app to send off a plea for help to the support ninjas, and attach the picture to the email so they know what you are talking about. I'm guessing that what you are referring to as "project files" are actually projects, and the clock signifies that the project has a future start date. Does it look something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 25.png
Views:	503
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1097  

No need to post picture as I had given the project (rather than a task within it) a future start date.

What I still don't understand is why 1 project which I edited has turned into 5 separate projects? Any idea what I did?

And many thanks for your help!

You may have the project set to repeat. In that case completing the project causes a duplicate project to be created. Even if you "uncomplete" the original project, the duplicate remains.

Curt

Nope, I can't guess what you might have done. I will suggest that you watch the OmniFocus tutorials available here if you haven't already done so.

That is exactly what I had done - set up the project to repeat. Undoing that doesn't undo the duplicate projects, had to delete them. But all sorted now! thx for your help.