The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

feature suggestion: implicit timestamps of rows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find myself often adding a "date" column to note when I added rows to an evolving outline. It would be great if the timestamp of a row's creation and/or last modification could be recorded with the row automatically, and made visible or invisible.

Last edited by dchoi; 2006-07-14 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: grammar and clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM
Although remember in general, if you have a feature request, please send it by email, omnioutliner@omnigroup.com or from the Help -> Send Feedback from the OmniOutliner help menu.
dchoi,
That sounds like a great idea. Please submit your request to the fine folks at OmniGroup using the email address above.

James B

I requested this as well, and to go along with this, being able to sort non-destructively. Then you could sort your rows by date, and switch back to your original order. As far as I know, OO can't do this. Mori does this well, just click on the title of the column to switch between ascending, descending, and original order.

Send a request if you think it's a good idea.