The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatic cleaning of done actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I am quite new with Omnifocus for Mac.
I use it on Mac, synchronized with an iPad and ipHone4 over MobileMe.

I am confused about automatic cleaning feature, I don't get how it works.
In Mac prefs, I have set cleaning for Actions with Contexts & Projects.
But when I check done actions (recurrent reportings for ie) they are still there (in grey, marked as done).

How can I keep clean my omnifocus on all devices ? I am not looking for deleting all done entries, but at least older than x months.

Sorry if it has already explained, I am quite lost and I think I am missing a logic here.

And thanks for your support

Check your availability filter in the View Bar to make sure that you do not have your perspective(s) set to 'Any Status'. If that's the case, change the filter to available or remaining and save the perspective with the new setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Check your availability filter in the View Bar to make sure that you do not have your perspective(s) set to 'Any Status'. If that's the case, change the filter to available or remaining and save the perspective with the new setting.
Hello Greg,

Thank you. But doing so just hides the tasks that I have already done. It does clean the view, not the "database", is that right?

Thanks,

Correct. Nothing is deleted from the database unless you specifically delete the task(s), or if they are moved out of the database with the Move Old Data to Archive command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Correct. Nothing is deleted from the database unless you specifically delete the task(s), or if they are moved out of the database with the Move Old Data to Archive command.
Ok, understood.
Maybe this command is what I am looking for.
I'll take a look, many thanks.

Great !
That was exactly what I was looking for !
Thanks a lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by express View Post
But when I check done actions (recurrent reportings for ie) they are still there (in grey, marked as done).
The automatic cleanup for items which have a Context and a Project is for cleaning the Inbox.

There are two ways to clean up completed items in other views (aside from switching views or deleting the items): 1) Command-K to run the command, Edit -> Clean Up; or 2) activating the setting "Immediately hide completed items" under Preferences -> Data -> Cleanup.