The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flag behaviour with repeating tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey everyone,

I have both the Mac and iPhone versions of OmniFocus, and rely on the flagging feature often for quickly assembling lists of stuff I want to do very soon.

In my system I have a number of repeating tasks, and I've noticed that when checking off one on the Mac version, it leaves the future copy of that task as flagged. However, on the iPhone version it unflags the future copy - effectively removing that task from the Flagged list. The latter I find a lot better, because in the Mac version I have to first deflag then complete. It's not as streamlined.

Does anyone know how to make the Mac version behave like the iPhone version in this aspect?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

I think an argument could be made for either behavior being preferable, depending on the circumstances. Personally, I prefer the "keep the next action flagged" behavior. If something's flagged, but I didn't want it to be, I can un-flag it without any permanent consequences. If I wanted something flagged, but it wasn't, I may not notice that until it's too late.

None of this is to say, however, that you shouldn't email our support ninjas and request that the Mac app be made to work the way the iPhone app does. We have a couple of requests from other folks with similar workflows filed in the development database. (Items with more customer interest attached tend to get assigned higher priority.)

What I find curious is that checking off a flagged, repeating task on the iPhone clears the flag for the next copy of the task for you? I have never seen this myself-just tested it to make sure I had not overlooked something. My future tasks retain the flagged state regardless of which version of OmniFocus I marked the task completed.

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2010-12-29 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: Edited for clarity.

Thanks, Brian. Sending off an email now.

My flagging states are behaving the same way as yours, Greg. Personally I'd prefer it to be consistent across all versions of OmniFocus, but as Brian says, the argument could be made either way :)

@Snowflake, our flagging states are not behaving the same-I edited my post to clarify this.

Oh, I see what you mean. That is pretty odd. A bug, perhaps?