The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Alpha Aggravation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The daily updating process for the OF 1.1 Alpha is getting irksome. Especially if I don't launch/update every-day and the OF app refuses to launch because it is out of date and crashes when attempting to update! (Bad way to start the day. )

I was going to demonstrate OF to a friend but it refused to launch, demanded to be updated. Crashed, then opened mail to send a bug report. "Oh never mind"... (that's a bad impression for both me and Omni)

Omni is adding additional functionality to 1.1 Alpha (new sync methods ). (?!#%@#) Can we please move OF 1.1 towards beta or at least stop forcing me to upgrade from stable alpha versions.

Pretty Please....

I didn't ask to be a beta (alpha) tester ... I bought OF for the iPhone. (and visa versa)

I've been a big fan of Omni & Omni Products, but OF has left me aggravated especially after all the hype. I also thought that with Ethen and Merlin on board we would see a steady stream of training / "how to" type info. So far I've only seen one single "basic" video.... c'mon... Is there other training / documentation out there? Is it hiding somewhere?

Please "Focus" on a stable version of 1.1 and "Focus" on training / documentation, so that we can use OF more effectively.

I'd rather see "rough" training video's on existing features, than use a "rough" application with new features. (my $0.02) We are talking about productivity here....

Thanks for considering my grumpy suggestions.

Jason