The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: a command to substitute aliases with embedded files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's a feature I think would be useful- unless it's already possible, and I'm missing how.

A tension: embedding files wastes space, and can create confusion in the case of editable files, as two versions now exist. Aliases provide a way to only store what you usually need, the link to the file.

Yet, if you want to share a structure and organization of files with someone who doesn't run Omnioutliner using the HTML export, it won't work unless the files are embedded.

For much of my work, I'd like to always use aliases, but have the ability to, with one command, use those aliases to load and embed all the appropriate files into the OmniOutliner file, so that I can then do a one-time export to HTML format.

Could this be added by a feature? Or can someone suggest a way to do this that doesn't require me to open and embed every document myself?