The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Weblinks in action notes section (mostly) don't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello. Weblinks in the action notes section of OF on my ipad don't work, but every once in while they will (ie. open the weblink in safari). It's very annoying to have to copy/paste, switch to browser, paste, etc. and great if/when it works. didn't find anything on forum. is this a common issue?

Best,

R

I find them to be very reliable. Are you including the http:// prefix, or not?

but mostly with... most are created by using a bookmarklet when capturing a webpage I want to put in my inbox. the link shows up as blue, then when I click on it it turns to text sometimes or even if not, nothing happens... but again, every so often it will. haven't been able to find a pattern yet.

Yeah, it's easy to make the app think you are editing — I think probably you're slightly missing the link with your tap. A quick tap on the date button and back to the note gives you another opportunity.

I thought initially that you were suggesting that the links weren't functional (didn't even reliably get recognized as a link), but it sounds like that's not the case.

Thanks so much... I kept playing with it and finally I figured out that a quick tap was my problem... You have to hold on the link for a sec. (should have realized this earlier, only that when it was working I thought I was quick tapping too). cool. :)