The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Get rid of those attachments! Right? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK, so I'm seeing all over Twitter that the newest and best way to improve sync times are to get rid of your attachments.

Q: How do I quickly find all of them in OF Desktop so that I can see what they are and delete them? I saw a post about finding them in omnifocus.ofocus by expanding that file, but I can't find that file anymore. Even though I know that it's used for syncing, and I sync every day, I don't seem to have that file on my computer, my iDrive (MobileMe), or anywhere.

Q: If the date/time stamp doesn't (ever) change on these embedded files, why can't OF sync just see that and ignore them during sync?

Any attachment help appreciated. Thanks.

You do have that file on your computer. If it isn't there, OmniFocus promptly recreates it, with the "welcome to OmniFocus" database!

In the Finder, type cmd-shift-G (or use Go->Go to Folder...) to bring up the following dialog box, and fill it in precisely as you see here:

That will take you to the folder where the file is, and it will be there if you are doing this in the account where you run OmniFocus.

Santra, if you contact the support ninjas, we can give you a hand with this.