The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you all handle reference material? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

Another question for you OF and GTD gurus.

How do you all handle reference materials? I have emails, paper documents, pdfs, etc for a rather large project, and I don't know what's the best way to have the material readily available. Is there a way to store all the electronic stuff in OF? Is that even feasible or is that taking convergence a bit too far?

Some folks have suggested I use Evernote or Dropbox for electronic materials, and just tag my Gmail items with the related project. That seems like the best approach, but I'd have to remember to check all these storage areas for the related documents.

Any thoughts on the best way to streamline the storage of reference items?

Thanks!

I think Evernote will accept gmail urls if you want to have everything in one place. I also quite like Curio from Zengobi for arranging larger project materials; and Scrivener for largely writing related projects.
There are quite a few programs that will hold reference material. It all depends on what you want to do with it really. Scrivener as i said is good for writing, Curio mostly for freeform brainstorming, evernote for everything that needs to sync and be mobile, Journler for most other scraps and pieces.
That's only my personal collection of course. There are Yojimbo, Tinderbox, Personal Brain, MacJournal, etc etc.