The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using Omni products and GTD to get a team on track Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have six people that report to me and I'm trying to figure out ways to implement GTD into our workflow. I've heard David Allen say that one shouldn't worry about if people are working a GTD system as long as they are writing things down and getting things done. If you are working your own system complete with tracking things you are waiting for, then everyone will get better.

However, I like the idea of using common tools to plan projects. Many of our projects have the same steps and those projects are repeated multiple times each year. I would love to create some templates with some key milestones and then be able to pass them off to various members of the team. I'm not interested in tracking each NA, but some of the major milestones.

I have played with OmniPlan and it looks very cool. All of us have OmniOutliner. If I planned a project in one of these tools, is it possible to bring it into OmniFocus? I think Curt Clifton has a script to bring in OmnOutliner, but I'm not sure if it brings in start and due dates.

Any thoughts on how you can better collaborate with teams using Omni Products? Omni, how do you guys do it?

If I recall correctly, there was a post from Omni a long time ago that stated they hoped to have OF cooperate with OP, but not before version 2 or later. (Do I recall that correctly?) I think for now OF is not for groups.

You recall correctly:
Quote:
Our long-range plan is for OmniPlan to be able to send tasks to team members' OmniFocus libraries, and for OmniFocus to send status updates on those tasks back to OmniPlan.
Found here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...light=omniplan

Even without waiting for version 2 (of either app), you can pull OmniPlan tasks (or milestones) into OmniFocus with the clipping service. However, there's no good way for OmniFocus to update the OmniPlan file when those tasks are completed.

I've been waiting for v1 for months! I can't even consider v2.

Lizard, or anyone else: Do you know if the clipping service would retain such things as notes, start and due dates?

I would be fine if I could just pull my tasks into OF. . . I wouldn't need to update OP, although that would be great.

Thanks!