The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search box and amazon.com glitches Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the latest version of OW 5.5 beta. I've noticed a few inconveniences that might actually be bugs, as follows:

1. The search box that appears at the top of each new browser window does not automatically scroll when the text entered into the box is longer than the box width. Instead, the text in the box fails to update.

2. The width of the search box referenced in point (1) above cannot be adjusted from within the "Customize Toolbar" box.

3. OW chokes on amazon.com's "look inside the book" feature. Thanks...p

All of the bugs you mention were already mentioned in other threads, except #2, which might be a nice feature request. :-)

The Omni guys know about the rest. The "search box not scrolling" issue will be fixed with the next release, I guess; Amazon is a Webkit issue that hopefully will be solved in later versions when newer Webkit versions will be integrated.

[Edit: I didn't see that the release candidate for 5.5 was out—it should fix the the "search box not scolling" issue.]

Last edited by zottel; 2006-08-29 at 02:23 PM..

It appears that the search-box scroll feature has been fixed in today's release.