The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Status Checkboxes--how to set default view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to always have status checkboxes turned off when creating a new document? Or, conversely, to have the Inspector Document Display view default be always set to "Show status checkboxes" turned OFF whenever the program opens?

This does seem to "stick" with documents that I edit for awhile. I turn the view of them off, and that setting gets saved for next time. But I'd like it as a default for new docs, too.

I have changed the template to try to fix this, but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Go to Preferences. In the General section, click Edit New Document Template. Open the inspector and set things up as you want for the default. Save that document. Now any document you create without using a template will start out with those settings. See the help page for Templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Go to Preferences. In the General section, click Edit New Document Template. Open the inspector and set things up as you want for the default. Save that document. Now any document you create without using a template will start out with those settings. See the help page for Templates.
OK, I must be doing something wrong.

I go to Preferences and open the default template, make a change, but the document (template) acts like nothing's been changed. (Red dot, top left hand corner, is still clear.) But OK, whatever, I close it anyway (hoping that will "save" it). Then I close and reopen OO. But no matter how I create a new document--File, New; File, New from Template; File, New from (any) Template--I still have the same problem.

Ok, how stupid is this: I wasn't really saving the file! D'oh!

I thought File, Close would work. Not!

Once I did File, Save, everything turned peachy.