The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AdBlock Background Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to change the color that the AdBlock leaves behind when it filters something out?

I was able to change the PNG's in the resources to just transparent do it doesn't have the inside shadow edges anymore, but it still leaves a light grey box. I'd really love to just make that whole thing transparet so it doesn't have any background at all.

There's no point in blocking the ads if I still have to see a big nasty ugly box there.

This is the way that PithHelmet works and it does it very well. Any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
There's no point in blocking the ads if I still have to see a big nasty ugly box there.
I disagree. I really don't like ads, especially animated or ugly ones. Having the box in there eliminates the clutter, lets the user know something has been removed (in case it was by accident) and prevents the page from breaking due to something being remove from the layout.

We don't currently provide a way to control the ad-block colors--either the grey or the greenish mouse-over tint.

What a bummer!