The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drawing splines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just getting started with OG for iPad and am trying to figure out how to draw spline curves. I see some other posts about deleting connectors/handles, but I don't see how to get them.

I selected the curved line from the Line Tool: Line inspector and can make connected segments by tapping and holding the last segment and then dragging to create a new connected segment, but how do I get the spline handles?

Thanks,
Dave

Bezier control handles aren't in the iPad app as of yet, we're still working on how to best handle the UI for managing the handles.

They'll be coming in a future release, I do think that if you have a bezier line in a file from the desktop you'll be able to get at the handles on the iPad.

Hope that helps,

So the segmented controller that allows you to select straight, curved, or orthogonal doesn't do anything for curved lines yet? The straight and orthogonal ones do work fine for me.

Thanks,
Dave

The Curved line type is different than the Bezier line type, we offer both on the desktop, curvy lines have a preset spline formula but the handles aren't available for editing.

If a curved line has a midpoint (double-tap the line to add midpoints), then you'll see the built-in curve where the line has corners. Similarly, you can use the Straight line type with midpoints and a large corner radius (found in the Line Inspector popover).

Ah, now I see how those work.

Thanks

I'm now using OmniGraffle 1.7.1 for iPad, is it now possible to edit splines? I did not find a way. I need to change the starting and ending angles of a line.

If it is not possible, do you know think this feature will be available soon?