The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10.6.4 breaks mail plugin [SOLVED: Install from Prefs] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After upgrading to 10.6.4, mail updates messages, then comes back and says it's disabled the mail plugin since it's not compatible.

Does it work/can I brute force it, or will we see a new OF shortly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhotka View Post
After upgrading to 10.6.4, mail updates messages, then comes back and says it's disabled the mail plugin since it's not compatible.

Does it work/can I brute force it, or will we see a new OF shortly?
Just head to OmniFocus Preferences→Clipping, and reinstall the Clip-o-tron!
Let us know if that doesn't work, though.

I reinstalled in my laptop and after two restarts of mail. On my desktop however, it didn't take. I tried downloading the latest sneaky peak of 1.8 v77 60 r133657 on both machines. On the laptop it has the control/shift/c keystroke combination, on the desktop there are no keyboard short cuts in mail and it won't let me record a key stroke.

Cashdollar, this is likely a conflict with some other shortcut in use on that machine. You'll want to use the tips in this thread to diagnose the problem; if they don't get you back up and running, email the support ninjas and we can help.

Apple is great at breaking plug-ins with each update. GPG Mail plug-in was also broken (already fixed now).

Don't tell me that apples not officially supporting the plug-ins - I know that. But it's still damn annoying!

And well Apple can either
- open their goddam* Software and make the apis available (won't happen)
- or at least be a little more supportive of third-party developers investing their time to give users some functionality which should have been there in the first place (e.g. the clip-o-tron or GPG Mail, just two expamples).

Cheers,
FE

Re-installing the clip-o-tron didn't solve the problem with Mail.app on 10.6.4 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen Witte View Post
Re-installing the clip-o-tron didn't solve the problem with Mail.app on 10.6.4 for me.
Didn't solve what problem? The only problem solved by reinstalling is that of Mail having uninstalled the plug-in.

Curt

Reinstalling the plugin via OF's prefs seems to work fine on my unibody MBP 13. Mail didn't balk when restarting at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen Witte View Post
yes same here not working :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by emck View Post
yes same here not working :(
Not working how? If you want help, you've got to give us something to go on.

Curt