The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to access .graffle without omni? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Fellows-

When I had a Mac, I used omnigraffle to create some files, saved as .graffle. Having fallen from that state and currently using vista (Alas!), I found the files in the backup I made of my old computer. I would like to access them again, as they were quite pleasing (thanks in no small part to the program in question!). However, their format appears incomprehensible to the windows based picture viewers I've tried (paint, adobe, & a few misc.). Is there any way of recovering these files, short of finding a mac with the program on it and saving them as something else?

Thanks for the help,

Thomas

As far as I know, you're going to need access to a Mac as there's nothing on a PC that will convert or open .graffle files.

Sorry you have to use Vista though!

If your files are not too big or too numerous, I would be happy to convert them into MS Visio files for you which you should be able to open if you have Visio installed. Or if you aren't worried about being able to edit them later, I'll convert them into PDFs. Send me a PM.

This might help

Application to convert .graffle files to .svg.

I'm going to give it a try myself now.

Update

Appears to work, but my diagram was missing a certain shapes, an entire layer of the diagram and generally looked pretty awful.

Last edited by Hobophobik; 2010-02-05 at 04:59 AM..