The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ad blocking no questions asked Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to mention that we have made several improvements to the white/blacklist in 5.5.2 (not yet released).
  1. we will highlight in red any regular expressions that are not correctly written.
  2. incorrect expressions will be skipped instead of disabling the whole list.
  3. copy and paste will now work in a reasonable manner
    • copying several items will copy them as plain text, one regex per line
    • pasting text will split each line into a separate regex
  4. you will be able to select more than 1 item for copy or delete.

Last edited by Len Case; 2006-11-15 at 12:34 AM..

i perfectly understand that Omni relies on itself even though there might be useable and useful solutions out there, created by 3rd party devs.
that's why i don't present my suggestion here uncommented.
as much as i am looking forward to an inhouse solution of Omni for this feature, add blocking for me is no issue any longer.

i'm using BFilter (see the ad blocking thread on this forum: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=2032).
the latest version of it is fast and eliminates all annoying ads without the risk of accidentally launching a hidden link by clicking on it

BFilter info:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20181