The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exception handling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I'm just starting to put together an application that uses the Omni frameworks, and when I get an exception, if I have the OFCrashOnAssertionOrUnhandledException turned on, it crashes after printing a description without a backtrace to the console. If I turn it off, I get and endless stack of [OAApplication reportException:] calls.

First question: what might be causing the loop of reportException calls, and how would I fix that?

Second question: how would I put a UI on this so that the program displays a dialog and allows the user to email the exception report to me?

Third question: what would cause it not to have a stacktrace?

The actual exception in this case is:

Crashing with report:
Exception raised:
---------------------------
Mask: 0x00000001
Name: NSInvalidArgumentException
Reason: *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key
Info:
(null)
Backtrace:No numeric backtrace found
---------------------------

The application has one of our frameworks in it, the omni base/foundation/appkit/inspector frameworks, and is a coredata document based app.

Thanks for your help, and for releasing these excellent frameworks.

Joe