The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Survey buttons don't work (5.7) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys :)

This is quite a recent problem. I've filled in several surveys successfully using Omniweb in the past.

But in the past few days, I've noticed that in Omniweb 5.7 (621.0.99313), when I click on the raised selection "buttons" in surveys, nothing happens. When I visit the same pages in Camino, the buttons work.

This has happened with three surveys at Surveymonkey, so that's probably a good place to test it. (For example, click on the survey link on the RHS of the ME Association page, and try selecting any of the "buttons". You can hit Back to leave the survey.)

Has anyone else noticed this? I rather enjoy filling in surveys, for some weird reason, so I may have encountered this where others might not.

I don't know why this is happening. Any ideas? :S

I can reproduce the inability to select the radio buttons. No idea why though.

Looks like a browser identification problem. Spoofing as Safari seems to fix it.

It's odd, though, because it's only developed recently. Either OW or the survey software has changed to create this error. CSS problem at their end, do you think?

It looks like they changed their user agent sniffing script to include a "Version" parameter that was added in Safari 3.1 (I think). OmniWeb mentions Safari but it does not include the Version parameter.

This is just poor browser sniffing on their part. But this is a good reason why we offer browser spoofing :)

So, should I request they remove that "Version" parameter, or is there a reason why they set it? I imagine it would help in collecting stats on what software is used by people accessing the site.

If anyone would like to contact a site regarding their browser sniffing, I would suggest they ask the site to check against the rendering engine not the browser.

They could easily find Safari 3.1.1 by looking for "AppleWebKit/525.18".

If they were to do this, the next version of OmniWeb would also be properly detected. Of course the site works fine in OmniWeb now so if they were to allow WebKit that is at least 523 then they would allow all recent versions of the both browsers.