The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem syncing after 1st sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni Response:

This has been filed internally at Omni as:
<bug://bugs/48529> (Problem syncing after 1st sync)

If you are also experiencing this issue please
Email OmniFocus Support
Re-stated User Question:

About 2 weeks ago I had everything syncing perfectly. However, syncing recently stopped working, and I have spent the better part of a week trying to get this to work, and I am losing hope. I've sent multiple emails to Omni, and even included my database at their request, this was over 4 days ago. I've yet to recieve a response. I've changed everything listed in various forums countless times. I've been a loyal OF user since beta and I'm about to give up.

I always get a good first sync after reseting everything and sending up the database. After the initial sync, it stops working. This includes the desktop, and my iPhone. I get to the database "fetched" point, and that's the last time it works.

The sync button continues to spin for hours, and the progress bar doesn't move.

I just tried to switch from MobileMe to iDisk because I had no problems until the update that added MobileMe. I got the database up to my iDisk, and once again I'm watching a spinning sync button with nothing happening. I'm running the latest builds of the desktop and the iphone software, and still syncing is not working.

I've tried to rebuild the data base, yet it stays at 4.7mb. I've archived old data all the way up to yesterday, which changes nothing. I've removed all the databases from MobileMe, resynced the database back up again, and never get a sync.......either way (desktop or iphone).

Believe me guys I've done everything. I spent the better part of 6 hours yesterday messing with all this, nothing, nothing, nothing......

Original User Question:

About 2 weeks ago I had everything syncing perfectly. I have spent the better part of a week trying to get this to work, and I'm losing hope. I've sent multiple emails to omni even included my database @ their request that was 4 days ago, no response I've changed everything listed in various forums by the omni guys countless times. I've been a loyal OF user since beta and I'm about to give up. I always get a good first sync after reseting everything and sending up the database, but NEVER again not on the desktop side and not on the iphone, I get my database "fetched" and that's the last time it ever works. I'm growing so very tired of seeing the spinning sync button, for HOURS with no error message and no sync, progess bar never moves an inch on the desktop, just spins away. I just tried to switch from mobileme to idisk because I had no problems until the update that added mobileme, I got the database up to my idisk, and once again I'm watching a spinning sync button with nothing happening. I'm running the latest builds of the desktop and the iphone software, and NOTHING I mean NOTHING is happening. someone PLEASE help me here, PLEASE!!!!! I've tried to rebuild the data base, never does stays @ 4.7mb, I've archived old data all the way up to yesterday, never changes anything. I've removed all the databases from mobileme COUNTLESS times, get the database back up again, and never, never get a sync.......either way (desktop or iphone) Believe me guys I've done everything. I spent the better part of 6 hours yesterday messing with all this, nothing, nothing, nothing......

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-30 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: I needed to restate this so that it was easier to make a bug from

In case you haven't tried this...

First turn off your syncing in OF.
Turn off iDisk in SystemPrefs.
Turn on syncing in OF using MobileMe.

My experience when using iDisk through the finder has been... dodgy. I leave it turned off. To access iDisk, I would try going through mobileme using Safari.

You may want to try deleting OF document on iDisk (using Safari or other web browser) before doing the test mentioned above.

Good Luck.

@sprial when you say turn off idisk in sys prefs do you mean signing out of mobile me? I don't see an option to turn off idisk anywhere? Thanx for the input!!

I misspoke... turn off iDisk sync in the system prefs.

Stay signed into MobileMe.
Click on iDisk tab
Make sure iDisk Sync is off.

had that turned off for a while your term "dodgy" would be nice, ha ha thanx man

The only other thing that comes to mind is if you have a firewall turned on... try syncing with the firewall off.

no firewall on

The iDisk sync in System Preferences has seemed to cause problems for a number of users. Meanwhile, I think I just emailed you to let you know I'm looking at your tickets and waiting until one of the engineers is available to answer a few questions so I can give you the right help.

@Lizard,

great to hear back from you Lizard, I've been following a number of your posts, I actually sent the link to my database with you in the email. anyway, I don't have idisk sync turned on I thought of that one too, but it's not on.....

You can add me to the list with the same problem. Seems to be a problem with the latest couple of builds???
I'm using webdav no idisk BTW.