The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF iPad app submitted to Apple! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
Spiritjb.com works very well. Just checked, sadly 3.2.1 is not jailbreakable.

Jaikbreaking on current hardware is completely reversible. You can install software that causes problems and makes your device crash. I install very little.

Biggest issue is that you often have to wait to install updates.
Thanks, gopi. If I had it to do over, I would have jb'd right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Even OF on non-jb iPad has some bugs for me (I.e. add item from safari bookmarklet)
What's the bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Thanks, gopi. If I had it to do over, I would have jb'd right away.
I still think you should, but I do also think of owning root on your own devices as a moral imperative. I would use android if Apple wasn't so astoundingly good at polish, fit and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What's the bug?
maybe I have an outdated bookmarklet, but I think I reinstalled it a couple times.

If activating bookmarklet, I get a blank item name, and this display bug:

If I then rotate ipad to portrait, I just get a similarly broken portrait display.

(had to vnc into my imac to attach image, lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.PNG
Views:	312
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1501  

No new apps in productivity since midnight. Come on, app reviewers. You have the best GTD app on the market. Why aren't you more productive?

Nope, they have the best GTD app not on the market!

OH COME ON ALREADY @APPLE!

:p

My current theory in that the Apple employees have started using it in their workflow for approving other apps, and don't want to release it publicly because they're afraid that their Android competitors might start using it to make Android applications suck less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
What Brian said is true for incremental updates (which is what we're used to), but with this new product launch OmniFocus for iPad won't be available for sale until we push a button from our end as well.

So, no, it won't go live on the App Store until we push that button, and when we do that we'll let everyone know.
perhaps omni could have been a little more clear on this point. apparently all those time any of us spent checking for the new app in the app store was a waste of time, since omni still had to "push the button" once apple approved the app. obviously omni does not have control over apple's review time. but for any of you compulsive app store lurkers, you've been wasting time.

So true! I've cut my App Store checks to once or twice a day, down from once or twice an hour, since reading that. :p