The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

lock portrait mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes I like to organize myself a bit more with Omnifocus for iPhone when I am in my bed. Laying on my side Omnifocus switches to landscape mode. The only way to look at my todo lists is to bend my head upwards, very uncomfy.

Could you please create a button in the prefs to lock portrait mode?

Until this preference comes true (if ever), you know, that you can double-click the Home-button, swipe the bar at the bottom to the right and lock the orientation there?

Kind regards,
Bernd

Bernd is correct--I just tested it it out, and OmniFocus already respects the global portrait lock setting on the iPhone. No need for a separate preference in OF.

If you're not familiar with it, double click home button, swipe the bottom row of icons from left to right, and tap the gray arrow on the left.

Thank you for the hint! I was not aware of this function, but it also does not work for me. I have an iPhone 3g and the double-click is set in the main preferences to bring up my favorites in the phone book. There is nothing to swipe for me.

The complete list of options in the main preferences for the double-click are:

Home
Search
Phone Favorites
Camera
iPod

That's it.

What version of iOS are you running? With an old iPhone, you may be stuck with both an old version of iOS and an old version of OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
... I have an iPhone 3g ...
Sorry, I didn't think of older models of the iPhone. A short web search for "iphone 3 lock orientation" showed, that this feature is available since the iPhone 3GS with iOS4, but not for the earlier G-only iPhone, see http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...n_orientation/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Thank you for the hint! I was not aware of this function, but it also does not work for me. I have an iPhone 3g and the double-click is set in the main preferences to bring up my favorites in the phone book. There is nothing to swipe for me.

The complete list of options in the main preferences for the double-click are:

Home
Search
Phone Favorites
Camera
iPod

That's it.
I think it's time you upgraded your phone :-)

Yes, I will upgrade very soon... my company distributes now iPhones No 4 and my new phone might be in the mailbox already.

Thanks for your research on the net concerning my old iPhone 3g.