The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to completely hide inactive projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think I asked this way back during the Sneaky Peak/Beta days, but figured it's worth raising again.

Is it possible, when looking at a filtered view, to hide the titles of projects with no current/active tasks? Right now if I click on the View icon and ask to be shown "Active" projects, I still see the titles of projects whose actions are not-yet due. They're greyish in color, but still visible and making a clutter. Is there a way to hide them entirely?

My hope is that I'm missing some obvious feature. Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelShapiro View Post
I think I asked this way back during the Sneaky Peak/Beta days, but figured it's worth raising again.

Is it possible, when looking at a filtered view, to hide the titles of projects with no current/active tasks? Right now if I click on the View icon and ask to be shown "Active" projects, I still see the titles of projects whose actions are not-yet due. They're greyish in color, but still visible and making a clutter. Is there a way to hide them entirely?

My hope is that I'm missing some obvious feature. Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike
At this point, No. I have also suggested this feature several times, but so far no action. In the strictest sense, the word active suggests that there is an action item associated with the project, but that is not how it's currently implemented in the program.

What I would like to see given the current filter system is

Remaining: Show all the projects that are assigned to its children.
Active: only projects that have at least one action item assigned
Stalled: projects that have no action

Also, I would like to see a behavior where if an action item gets assigned to "on-hold" project, the project's status automatically changes to "Active."

I think this scheme would meet your request and also clarify the filter system. Most of all, it would help me to focus more when I browse in the planning mode.