The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"view source" always reposts form data -- or not. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If you fetch a page by submitting a form with the HTTP method POST, and then you try to refetch that page, OmniWeb runs a sheet warning you that to get the page again, it'll send the POST data again. So far, so good; I think this would be a bad feature in a mainstream browser as 99.8% of humanity aren't going to understand the question, but clearly OmniWeb isn't a mainstream browser.

If instead of cmd-R you do cmd-shift-V, you get the page source, without another roundtrip to the server. From my point of view this is good.

If you do cmd-I, then click on the outlineview item for the page source itself, then click view source, you always trigger a roundtrip to the server, without any warning sheet. I think this is bad, especially as I like OW's page inspector feature.

A site which can be used to display this behaviour is https://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/We...MemberSite.woa. My apologies for the presence of the promotional picture of some old geezer on the first page after logging in -- it was while investigating said picture that I encountered the OW behaviour which I'm reporting.