The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-close tab drawer option Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
+1

Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
+1 :)

FWIW I've requested this before, hopefully the devs see value in such a behaviour.
+1

Yup, I requested this a long time ago too (when 5 first came out). It'd be so easy for them to do it as well; 'tis very annoying that it still hasn't happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlwin View Post
I don't like how the drawer close currently, I want the window to take all of the screen when the drawer is hidden. But this behavior is broken most of the time. I am no programmer but I think this is a limitation of drawers, so I guess if OmniWeb goes sidebar (what I really hope) it will be easier to fix.
No, it's not a limitation of drawers. I don't know what the problem you're having is, because this is what OmniWeb's drawer does for me when OmniWeb is taking up the full screen:

http://www.assj59.dsl.pipex.com/omniweb_drawer.mov

count me as a +1 for this feature request.

Fwiw, from the release notes for the current 5.9.1 sneakypeeks:

If the tab drawer was automatically opened when you created multiple tabs, it will now automatically close when you return to a single tab. (Update: The tab drawer now redraws its contents before closing, providing visual feedback that the window has returned to a single tab.)

Yes, awesome!

Could we get an Option I find this rediculously annoying. I have my workspace window size saved with the tab drawer open and always want it to stay that way even with one tab. Does it being saved in that way not count as opening intentionally?

All I want is a check box "[x] Tab Drawer Always Open"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel View Post
Could we get an Option I find this rediculously annoying. I have my workspace window size saved with the tab drawer open and always want it to stay that way even with one tab. Does it being saved in that way not count as opening intentionally?

All I want is a check box "[x] Tab Drawer Always Open"
+1

I find this feature to be more of a bug for my usage.

If you open the tab drawer manually it will not close automatically. (It only closes by itself if it opened by itself).

You may have to reset the snapshot of your workspace if this isn't working correctly.

Last edited by troyb; 2009-04-20 at 09:20 AM..

OK, now that the other users are happy, how do I turn the flippin' self-closing drawer OFF?

I frequently have the situation where I open several tabs from a main window, work through the tabs, then want to drag more from the main window on the drawer. Just when I want it, the drawer GOES AWAY, often from right under my mouse.

Omniweb's old behavior was one of the things I liked about it. Is there a preference item for this? Even a hidden one would be fine.