The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tasks/Projects dissapeared in 1.7 upgrade + archive Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofspades View Post
so then please confirm this
- OF defaults to the OmniFocus file in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/
Yes, that's correct.

Quote:
- when you open a backup file it saves to that file that has been opened (in backups folder) not the default file. therefore if there's a corruption issue you have to replace the default file with a functional one?
Yes, when you open a backup you're looking at (and editing) that backup, not your main database. (However, any entries you create with Quick Entry will continue to be added to your main database, not the backup, which might explain why you weren't seeing them earlier.)

If you need to restore your main database from a backup, you can select "Revert to Database Backup" from the File menu and then select your backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofspades View Post
so I should restore it to this location and delete the extension (backup name so it's just "omnifocus"?ok. will try this now. I restored it to my desktop because I wasn't sure where the OF file is supposed to live and couldn't find documentation on this anywhere on this site/in forums.
Some moot points now that the issue has been resolved…

My apologies—I may have misunderstood which file you were restoring in Time Machine. My suggestions assumed you were restoring a previous iteration of OmniFocus.ofocus to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus), not OmniFocus[date][number].ofocus-backup to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus Backups. (In the latter case, the restored file would have needed to be renamed, the suffix changed from ofocus-backup to .ofocus, and moved to the correct folder, if performed manually. A simpler way would be using File > Revert to Database Backup as Ken mentioned).
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofspades
Um ok. Did this now my toolbar doesn't show actions or contexts. Can't fix this either apparently
Apparently, this occurs when OF is not running and you double click an .ofocus-backup file. The built-in perspectives are not present.