The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus v1.0.1 for iPhone is now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just upgraded my iPhone software and it reports an error 402 "the derver returned an error 402, "payment required". Obviously to have the iPhone application I have paid. Also, in my application folder in iTunes, OmniFocus doesn't show up.

Very keen on this programme, please tell me how to rectify problem.

gregz44j: The iPhone version is lagging a couple weeks behind the Mac version because we have to feed updates through Apple's store. So you'll probably see some improvement when 1.0.2 hits your iPhone. But due to some limitations of the iPhone platform, it may still not be quite as snappy as your Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit_UK View Post
Just upgraded my iPhone software and it reports an error 402 "the derver returned an error 402, "payment required". Obviously to have the iPhone application I have paid. Also, in my application folder in iTunes, OmniFocus doesn't show up.

Very keen on this programme, please tell me how to rectify problem.
What WebDAV are you using for syncing? MobileMe? I think this error often occurs when the MobileMe servers are misbehaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
According to an iTunes FAQ,

To report an accidental purchase:

Locate the item in your Purchase History
Click the "Report a Problem" link
Select "I inadvertently purchased this item" from the drop down menu
Enter notes explaining the situation in the Comments section
Our support agents will review your request and get back to you as quickly as possible.
Thanks for the response. Apple got back to me and stated that they would refund the purchase price. An unexpectedly speedy response, given the load they must be under.

The problem in my case was that I have 2 iTunes accounts. I purchased the application on my old (2G) iPhone, which had somehow been configured to use the iTunes account that I hadn't used in several months. When I logged into iTunes using the account that I prefer, it didn't recognize the app as being one that I had purchased.

I guess that I assumed that purchases made form the phone would use whatever is configured in iTunes, but apparently that assumption was wrong. Now I have to see if there's a way to force the phone to use one account instead of another. Hmm... Come to think of it, the original purchase is under my "Purchase History" on the newer account, so I'm not sure how they got mixed up.

Thanks again for your always stellar support.

Any hints on what 1.0.2 might add? What about the 1.1 release - any hints on new features on the way?!!!

Thanks again for the fantastic software!

1.0.1 is still not showing up for me as an update and is only available for purchase. I don't really want to have to purchase OF again and then try to reclaim it from Apple as mentioned above. Is there any way to get this as a free update? I'm using the UK App Store BTW.

Thanks.

pmdf, this sounds like iTunes isn't authorized for your account. Try authorizing (Store -> Authorize Computer) and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip - I tried that and no success. I have several other apps that have updated successfully since the App Store launch, but the OF update just isn't appearing when I click Check For Updates. Just "No updates for any of your applications are available" or only updates for other apps. :(

Not sure what the problem can be, then, if you're positive that you haven't already upgraded to 1.0.1 (which you can confirm by scrolling to the bottom of the Settings screen in OmniFocus).

My only suggestion is to try to contact Apple for support, since it appears to be an issue with the App Store and/or your iTunes account. Below is a link to info on how to report an issue with your purchase - I suggest that you report something to the effect of "I purchased this app on <date> and there is now a newer version available, but the App Store won't let me download the update without paying again."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933