The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Batch Moving Row Contents into NOTEs sections Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Say I have a 100 rows of text.

Is there a way to *automatically* move the text in each row into their corresponding Notes sections -- without having to copy and paste each row's contents into its Notes section individually?

thanks in advance for any advice.

If I'm understanding you correctly, the Convert First Column to Notes script in the Useful Scripts package on the OmniOutliner Extras page at http://www.omnigroup.com/application...tliner/extras/ should do the trick. If you've only got one column in your document when you run it, you'll get an error message about NSUnknownKeyScriptError, but you can disregard it (normally the script deletes the first column to move all subsequent columns over to replace the data that went into the notes field). If you want the script to leave your first column intact, simply put "--" in front of the following lines:
Code:
set text of cell j of row i to ""

delete column columnCount

Great - exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!