The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Options for recurring list, not recurring task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm curious on ways some OF users have setup recurring task lists (or projects) with multiple actions. I have a checklists for repetitive tasks - e.g. fall house prep, packing for kids on trips, fishing trip to Canada, etc. I want to have those lists remain in OF and not get lost as I check off actions from the project.

I'd like to hear some ways OF users have managed recurring checklists.

For periodic things, I just set the list itself to repeat when completed. I do this for things like putting all the ceiling fans in summer or winter mode, replacing backup batteries in smoke detectors, testing GFCI outlets, etc. I use Curt's Populate Template Placeholders script to stamp out new copies of projects that don't happen on a regular schedule, such as preparing for a trip.

Personally I keep checklists in Omni Outliner, and have a single action heading in OF which referrs to that list. I haven't tried out Curt's templates.