The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problems with like-named projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
In recent releases, quick selection of projects doesn't work correctly when different folders have projects with the same name.

For example, I have a folder named "Advance and propagate knowledge of computing" and one called "Help manage our household". Each folder contains a list of single actions called "Singleton actions". In the Inbox, if I enter "housesing" in the project column, I appropriately get "Help manage our household • Singleton actions" as the project. But after I press Return twice to get out of entry mode, the project for the item is "Advance and propagate knowledge of computing • Singleton actions". This is confirmed both by hovering over the project column and by where the action goes when I clean up.

This same problem exists for sub-contexts; I reported that separately some time ago.

These bugs are extremely frustrating as they seriously erode the trustworthiness of my system. I can rename my projects and contexts to be unique, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior, or is it perhaps a legacy problem for a long-time alpha tester?

[Submitted as formal feedback]

Curt