The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter out completed items in iPad? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've set up the Projects Perspective on my Mac to filter out Completed items and show my only un-completed items. But on my iPad, when I click on Projects, I get everything: completed and un-completed. Same with Contexts.

How can I set up the Projects and Contexts perspectives on my iPad so it will filter out the completed items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
I've set up the Projects Perspective on my Mac to filter out Completed items and show my only un-completed items. But on my iPad, when I click on Projects, I get everything: completed and un-completed. Same with Contexts.

How can I set up the Projects and Contexts perspectives on my iPad so it will filter out the completed items?
Strange. I've got multiple perspectives (actually, the vast majority of my perspectives) showing only remaining, not completed, items, and I haven't seen any problems so far. How exactly is your perspective set up on the Mac?

The Projects and Contexts buttons on the iPad are not perspectives, just like they are not perspectives in the iPhone app, but rather buttons with hard-wired behavior. If you want to control which actions are shown, you need to use the "Eye of Sauron" button to the left of the magnifying glass in the toolbar. Unfortunately, it overloads project selection and action selection, so you can't view remaining projects but only available actions, for example.

That did it. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The Projects and Contexts buttons on the iPad are not perspectives, just like they are not perspectives in the iPhone app, but rather buttons with hard-wired behavior. If you want to control which actions are shown, you need to use the "Eye of Sauron" button to the left of the magnifying glass in the toolbar. Unfortunately, it overloads project selection and action selection, so you can't view remaining projects but only available actions, for example.
Oh. Duh. Nice catch, Bill!