The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan for Ipad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Your missing the point. I agree you don't commit to delivery dates you can't deliver. I agree confidence in your product and brand is job one. Next it is analyze your niche find your gaps and fill them. Now if I do as you suggest and buy another product until OmniGroup delivers the IPad product. It will cost $40 for SG and $50 for OP for IPad. So what sense does that make?

When you create a project, you define scope, your timeline, and your budget. These are the core elements of project management. You don't have to deliver the moon. Just a star to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrsmith View Post
Your missing the point.
I'm still waiting for you to make one! You wanted to know if there was a definitive timeline for OmniPlan for iPad (no), but didn't like the answer. Then you wanted to know if there was a definitive timeline on OmniPlan 2.0's completion (no, again), and you didn't like that. Even though it was explained why there isn't a definitive timeline, and why OP 2.0 comes before OP for iPad, I'm the one missing the point.
Quote:
I agree you don't commit to delivery dates you can't deliver. I agree confidence in your product and brand is job one. Next it is analyze your niche find your gaps and fill them. Now if I do as you suggest and buy another product until OmniGroup delivers the IPad product. It will cost $40 for SG and $50 for OP for IPad. So what sense does that make?
Here you are the one missing the point. Do you need a project planning tool like OmniPlan on your iPad right now? If you do, Omni's position is that you should go out and buy some competing solution, if you can, because they don't have anything to sell you right now. If there is an opportunity cost to not having such a tool, you'll need to compare that cost with the cost of whatever you choose to buy as a stopgap. If you are a professional project manager and you are willing to wait half a year so you can save $40 or $50, that tells me you do not currently have a pressing need for such a tool on your iPad. That's fine, maybe you'll buy one when OmniPlan for iPad ships.
Quote:
When you create a project, you define scope, your timeline, and your budget. These are the core elements of project management. You don't have to deliver the moon. Just a star to start with.
Someone experienced with delivering software projects to a non-captive audience will recognize that there is a substantial cost, both up front and trailing, to any major software release. Rushing out a stripped-down OmniPlan for iPad so that people have something to play with (and likely complain about) while the real product is finished is not a winning approach. Unlike a typical airline, Omni is not interested in chasing after every last marginal customer or dollar, and I daresay the average level of customer satisfaction reflects that!

The discussion has gotten pretty theoretical at this point, guys - it's fine to continue, but maybe move it to the lounge?