The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the current version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm confused about the version status of OG.

Joel's last notice here is about 5.3 rc1

The download page has a link to a version whose info says 5.3, and lists 5.3 rc1 as beta

The in-app update check says update to 5.3 rc1. That's odd - shouldn't the check disclose only final versions?

What's up?

I think if you've ever run a beta version in the past then our software update mechanism will point you at new beta and rc versions.

We're wanting to change that so you'll have to manually download a beta or sneaky peek release and while on that track more betas will show, but after updating to a final they won't.

At least in OmniFocus, once you update to a "final" version from a sneaky peek, you aren't shown subsequent sneaky peeks until you download one from the web page and install and run it, at which point it starts checking the sneaky peek builds again. Maybe OG has a different variant of the updater framework?

Oops. All is OK. The download page does not say that 5.3 is current. My confusion vanishes, but now I worry about my reading ability.