The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync Client Proliferation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm having a problem where Sync Clients (mobileme) keep proliferating... ie the same computer will appear multiple times in the list.

I'm using two Macs (MacPro at work; MacBooPro at home) and one iPhone. iPhone is fine (only appears once) but the other computers all appear multiple times.

In fact it looks like each time I use the computer I will get a new entry in the client list,eg if I use the MacPro at work and then go to MacBookPro and use OmniFocus for a while (eg overnight while at home) when I come back to the MacPro the next morning it will start a new sync client entry (and vice versa)

Is anyone else seeing this?

Unless a lot of people are seeing this I suspect it might have to do with the fact that I'm actually using the same home directory (located on an external drive) with each computer? (the home directory is a mobile home directory setup with OS X Server).

I so try to clear the duplicates out regularly but I wonder impact they are having on sync performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians View Post

Unless a lot of people are seeing this I suspect it might have to do with the fact that I'm actually using the same home directory (located on an external drive) with each computer? (the home directory is a mobile home directory setup with OS X Server).
I saw it some during the betas. I have not seen it since. I strongly suspect your use of a common home directory is the cause of the issue... I'm sure there's a machine ID stored in there which is different for each machine, and I would suspect OF is updating that info each time you access it from a separate machine, which could well cause the issues you're seeing.