The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding bulk tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking into using OmniFocus for iPhone as a task manager but I have a tricky situation: I do not have use of a Mac at work so I would be using OF for iPhone as a standalone product. Getting my initial lists of tasks into the iPhone might take a while with the small keyboard. I know that I can add tasks to Outlook and have them go to OF and I also know that I can add tasks to icloud.com and they will go to OF. That's good, but I'm looking to bulk add even more.

So, my question is, can I use an iOS text editor to import a long list of tasks into OF? If that iOS editor also has dropbox support, I can even type up the list on my Windows computer at work.

I'm envisioning something like this:

- Create an rtf file in windows and write up a long task list, then sync it to dropbox
- Switch to iphone and open the rtf file in a text editor that supports adding tasks to omnifocus
- Add all tasks (one on each line) into OF by sending the rtf file from an iOS text editor.

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?