The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to specify a action to be available only within a time frame? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Say, I want to shop a pen only during lunch break time? It is not urgent , so I can set it due in 1 month, but I only want to see it available from 12pm - 1pm each day.

There isn't a specific way to set the availability of an action or context to a specific time window each day.

In my personal system, I have a Context called "Out the Door" for things I want to remember to do as I'm leaving the house or on my way to work. You might find it worth creating a "Lunch Break" context and making a habit to check that context when you start your lunch break.

That is the one thing I really miss from my time with the old Life Balance application. The contexts there could be assigned open/close times over the course of a week. If I had to pick one feature to add to OF, that would be it. It's wonderful not seeing things I can't do because of the time (Dry cleaners not open sunday, business calls after hours, etc.).

Ah well, if wishes were fishes... :)