As a long-time customer of Omnigroup, and an OmniFocus user since the early betas, and as a big fan of the company qua company, I am heavily invested in the continued success of OG.
And while I'm disappointed from a user perspective that I don't get a snazzy new OmniFocus on my snazzy new iPad, I am not even slightly upset about it. Why?
I use OF primarily on my Mac. I do 90% of my entries there because I'm at a computer 12 hours a day. OF on my iPhone is there for the remaining 10% capture, and for checking (and checking off) actions on those rare instances I'm not in front of my computer.
I know people are expecting iPad to replace laptops, but that's not here yet (at least not for me, and not for a while based on my particular needs). For now, and I'd guess for most people, iPad is a promise. Some folks are trying to accelerate that promise by living on their iPad; I'm doing it on a trial basis, fully hoping to have a huge amount of my laptop needs replaced by iPad.
At that time, or as part of making that happen, OF on iPad will be awesome.
But, as I said, I don't really care. I always have my iPhone on me anyway, so my workflow doesn't change while I'm away from a computer. I'm not going to pull out my iPad in the middle of the street and tap in an action item, no more than I would pull out my MacBook Pro.
The only time not having a native OF on iPad matters is when I don't have my computer, and I want to do more than a quick review or check a few actions. And since I don't tend to be away from my computer very long, I don't tend to need to do much of that.
Six months or a year from now, when I'm using my iPad as a primary system in place of my MBP, then I'll be happy to have OF for iPad.
Until then, I am still happy with using my iPhone, and using the app double-sized on iPad, while not ideal or markedly different, remains useful for me.