The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Grouping of actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way when grouping actions that one can group them just for the purpose of organizing them together in the main outline rather than having to have a start and ending date for each grouping?
 
main outline which view ? projects or contexts .
you might be in the market for " single action lists " those are " projects " that are groups of one time actions and even within those you can create task groups .. either way neither SAL's or task groups require start and end dates .
Omni Focus is based on the Getting Things Done methodology of David Allen and due dates are suggested only when they're " real " Search the help menu for " single action lists " and " action groups "
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
main outline which view ? projects or contexts .
you might be in the market for " single action lists " those are " projects " that are groups of one time actions and even within those you can create task groups .. either way neither SAL's or task groups require start and end dates .
Omni Focus is based on the Getting Things Done methodology of David Allen and due dates are suggested only when they're " real " Search the help menu for " single action lists " and " action groups "
Reference to main outline Projects View.

The Task groups that are allowed to be created while they do not have the requirement of start and due dates - they do have the option.

When I use my perspective as David Sparks of MacSparky suggested on the OF talks @ Macworld - of seeing actions I can "start" for the day, task groups without "Start" dates show up in context and project view under the grouping of "no start date".

I'd prefer to not have them there as I Group by start dates.
 
You can turn off the display of projects and action groups in context mode. See the bottom of the Data page of the preferences.
 
Can't eliminate that group entirely, but you could set up a perspective that collapsed the "No Start Date" group. The items would be there, but hidden from view.

Some minor adaptation of the steps in this post should get you there, but if that doesn't work for some reason, let us know more and we'll be happy to help!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You can turn off the display of projects and action groups in context mode. See the bottom of the Data page of the preferences.
whpalmer4, you are amazing. Now please tell me how I can become a guru like you at omnifocus?
I have this feeling that tells me you are one of the developers incognito as a user here ;-)

Thanks for that mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Can't eliminate that group entirely, but you could set up a perspective that collapsed the "No Start Date" group. The items would be there, but hidden from view.

Some minor adaptation of the steps in this post should get you there, but if that doesn't work for some reason, let us know more and we'll be happy to help!
Brian,
Thanks for that! I am going to implement that too!
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
grouping actions in Perspective by action group millerj OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2011-04-19 02:56 PM
Grouping by date arnthorsnaer OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2010-08-16 08:17 AM
grouping across layers drzed OmniGraffle General 2 2008-12-03 11:44 AM
The shortcut for grouping actions mpw OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2008-09-11 07:04 AM
tagging instead of grouping kasi OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2008-01-09 08:35 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.