The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hiding "on Hold" Projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me or can I not hide projects that are "On Hold".

I have tried all the different settings for projects and all still show me projects that are on hold (with the little clock).

Since I have hundreds of projects, many on hold I don't really want to see those. :)

Anyone?

BZ

Technically, those projects aren't "on hold", are they? Rather, they're pending (i.e. Start date set in the future). AFAIK, OmniFocus doesn't sync "on hold" items, or at least it doesn't display them.

But sorry, I don't have any suggestions for hiding pending items. :confused:

-Dennis

Yes, those are pending projects. On hold has the pause symbol and will be hidden when you set the project filter to remaining or available. Pending projects should probably be hidden when set to available though. I'll write up a bug on that. Thanks

Ack, my mistake. OmniFocus for iPhone *can* display on hold items. That's pretty cool. Thanks, DerekM!

-Dennis

Thanks! I just have a lot of pending, they are in my way! :)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Thanks! I just have a lot of pending, they are in my way! :)

BZ
I agree; I'm looking to NOT sync these over to the iPhone, so the file takes less time to load. (I've already done the Archive thing). I'm really impressed that the app is as smooth as it is with the large file I have, but I'd like to sync less over.

Is there any way to let iPhone OF know not to sync certain projects?

Thanks!

This is a problem for me also— I use the start date extensively and don't want to look at thing that I have set far in the future.

Until this is fixed, does anyone have any suggestions? Would it be better to put things on hold or drop and ramp up reviews?

I agree about the need to archive projects and folders ad hoc. I have about 1,800 Actions in my file, a lot more than the off-the-cuff 1,000 or fewer recommended for syncing. I have a folder "Someday/maybe" that I might want to not float over to the iPhone.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibob View Post
I agree about the need to archive projects and folders ad hoc. I have about 1,800 Actions in my file, a lot more than the off-the-cuff 1,000 or fewer recommended for syncing. I have a folder "Someday/maybe" that I might want to not float over to the iPhone.
The ability to pick and choose projects or folders to sync would be nice. But if it's any consolation, I have close to 2,600 actions syncing to OmniFocus with no problems and no noticeable performance degradation. As Ken pointed out in another thread, not all actions are equal. So it really depends on your particular circumstances. Apparently I have many, small actions.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Yes, those are pending projects. On hold has the pause symbol and will be hidden when you set the project filter to remaining or available. Pending projects should probably be hidden when set to available though. I'll write up a bug on that. Thanks
DerekM,
When the Project filter is set to "Remaining", On Hold projects ARE shown. It's only when you set to "Active" that the on-hold projects go away. Not a bug, right?

Anyway, thanks for this trick! Nice to have all the gunk gone from my view!